Watch an overview video of how WordPress works on this site.
WordPress is trusted
- Over 1/3 of all sites on the Internet are built on WordPress
- Coupled with reputable website hosting, WordPress is secure
- WordPress is open-source software, meaning that it is in constant development
More popular than Pinterest.com and Apple.com
You can easily manage your own content, including
I show you how to do this in a bespoke video and also Zoom training session:
- Create pages
- Upload images and videos
- Create categories and attribute posts to them
- Easily and intuitively change your content, including styling
- Create tags attributed to posts to make it easier for users to find related posts
- Attribute specific permissions to others, such as Admin, Editor and Contributor
- Copy your website when making significant changes and overwrite the live website with one click
You can do almost anything with WordPress, including:
- Booking systems
- Place content behind paywalls
- Sell products and services, including digital products
- Incorporate live chat, email marketing, WhatsApp messaging
and so much more.
The technology flow
The diagram below shows how the different systems connect.
Jargon alert: I also use premium DNS for a more reliable, faster website. Not depicted below as I didn’t want to confuse things!
The Genesis framework
I integrate the Genesis framework into the WordPress install. This adds additional features, such as:
- Improved security
- The ability to use child themes
- Basic search engine optimisation and Schema
- Intelligent widgets that add additional styling benefits
StudioPress child themes
Think of WordPress as the engine of a car, Genesis as the body and a child theme as the paint work.
StudioPress child themes are built to work exclusively with Genesis. I have been using them for over a decade. I restyle the theme when installed to make it unique. My designs typically look better than the demos on the StudioPress website.